Smart Connected Valve Control and Monitoring (IoT)
Talented and enthusiastic mechanical/electrical engineering trainee wanted!
We are Tameson, a young, fast-growing company that specializes in fluid control products, such as automated valves, fittings and sensors. Are you joining our small and motivated team as a trainee to develop a new digital control device for our electric valves?
The aim of your internship is to develop a control & monitoring device that is universally applicable to the majority of solenoid valves. A solenoid valve is an electric operated valve with endless applications such as the process industry, hvac, horticulture or car wash. The module is installed between the power supply and the valve and communicates wirelessly with external systems (IoT) to control and monitor the valve. The module will control and monitor the voltage/current and other in/outputs, which offer various options to monitor performance, failure modes and achieve energy saving.
The main element in the valve is a solenoid, which is a movable ferromagnetic plunger centered in an electric coil. You will develop a prototype and research the feasibility to provide position feedback of the valve by profiling the current during transitions. Secondly, you investigate the possibility to reliably limit power consumption by reducing the coil current after opening (peak and hold). In this research, the variety of solenoid valves is a challenge. For example, voltage ranges from 6V to 380V in AC and DC and the characteristics of the solenoid are different for each model. If the research is successful, the module will be developed for mass production.
Who fits our team?
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering student (BSc/MSc)
- A team player, but well able to work independently
- Enthusiastic, result oriented and proactive
- Good communicative skills
- You are available at least 4 days a week
What can you expect from us?
- A stimulating and pleasant workplace in a small team with driven people
- Flexibility, freedom and responsibility, instead of a hierarchical structure
- A very interesting assignment, and the possibility to be part of a company that grows quickly and with plenty of opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a young and ambitious company? Send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tameson is located at Torenallee 20, between different startups at Strijp-S, the new dynamic center of Eindhoven.